Thursday, August 8, 2013

A Fractured Light (A Beautiful Dark #2) by Jocelyn Davies



Rating: 3/5 starsPub. Date: September 25th 2013


Blurb:

When she wakes up in unfamiliar surroundings, Skye knows something terrible has happened to her. It's not until she hears Asher, the dark, rebellious angel she fell in love with, that the memories come flooding back. She tries to put the past behind her, but she knows she'll be forever haunted by the ruthless betrayal that almost took her life.

Skye returns home, but with the knowledge of who she really is, nothing can ever be the same. As she tests the limits of her newfound powers, Skye discovers that she's capable of far more than anyone could have imagined. Both the Order and the Rebellion want her for their side as war between the factions looms. She can't forget the terrifying truth she now knows about the Order, but something holds her back from embracing the Rebellion.

A Fractured Light picks up right after A Beautiful Dark's shocking cliffhanger ending and is perfect for fans of Lauren Kate's Fallen and Becca Fitzpatrick's Hush, Hush saga.



Review:



I called Skye many names. Non of them was good or nice. She was mad at Devin for trying to kill her (which is excusable) but she didnt try to understand him. She knew that he had no option but she couldnt put two and two together and see that Devin never actually meant to hurt her, he was forced to.

I liked Devin from the first book, probably because he reminds me Daniel from Fallen. As it seems I am one of the few people who still like him. Team Devin! I had accepted thought that Asher was going to be the one for Skye after what happened. I thought the triangle did not exist anymore. I was so wrong. The author seemed to have a different opinion. And now I have hope again. Skye loves Asher but she can't erase Devin from her heart and mind.

I am 99% sure that Asher is hiding something and has an ulterior motive. I don't doubt his feelings but maybe his motivation a little. I can't place the reason exactly but I hope a little that I am wrong.

The pace was the same as the Beautiful dark slow first but in the end the hell broke loose.

No comments:

Post a Comment