Sunday, March 23, 2014

Twisted (Tangled, #2) by Emma Chase



Rating 3/5 stars
Publication Date: March 25 2014

Blurb:

There are two kinds of people in the world. The ones who look first, and the ones who leap. I’ve always been more of a looker. Cautious. A planner. That changed after I met Drew Evans. He was so persistent. So sure of himself – and of me.

But not all love stories end happily ever after. Did you think Drew and I were going to ride off into the sunset? Join the club. Now I have to make a choice, the most important of my life. Drew already made his –in fact, he tried to decide for the both of us. But you know that’s just not my style. So I came back to Greenville. Alone. Well, sort of alone....

What I've come to realize is that old habits die hard and sometimes you have to go back to where you began, before you can move ahead.

TWISTED picks up two years after Tangled’s end, and is told from Kate’s POV.


Review:

If Billy causes problems for Drew and Kate in the future, I swear I am going to kill someone!

The only part I truly enjoyed was the epilogue and maybe the page before that. Kate's point of view was similar to Drew's. In the beginning I thought that they were the same. Both stories are being told in almost the same way so that didn't help the case.

While I was reading a part of the book a sense of dread washed over me because I realized what was going to happen and who the crazy driver was. And later Drew's mistake came. That was the first thing that made my stomach turn. The second and last thing was Shitfaced aka Billy. I can see why Drew doesn't like him and I am going to start a club named we hate Shitfaced.

What can I say? I don't like that guy at all. Not even a tiny bit. Things got off the wrong way with him and then they couldn't be fixed. Mrs Chase please give him a girl to love so he will forget Kate and all his non-friendly thoughts and stop getting on my nerves.

The whole book is a huge misunderstanding. I really thought Drew and Kate would communicate better than how they actually do. I hope after this they will learn something. I honestly don't think that Drew was the only who I should blame in this book. Kate was equally responsible for the mess. I did want to smack Drew's face, but I also wanted to kick Kate's ass. She lied to Drew and then when to kiss Shitfaced. That hurt worse than what Drew did.

I could see the whole time what went wrong. Kate and Drew were talking about two completely different things but made it sound like they were talking about the same thing. He and it meant two should not be used in a conversation so often. I am afraid to see what was going to happen next in the fourth book, Tied. For I Twisted had unnecessary drama.

I think Tangled fans will be a little disappointed from the book, Kate and Drew. I have to cut some slack on Drew because when he stopped getting drunk and sobered up, he was amazing and romantic and the Drew I knew he was. I might spoil a bit, but I never thought that Drew could do that on Kate. Not after all the things he went through to make her his.

No comments:

Post a Comment