Monday, August 11, 2014

Silver Shadows (Bloodlines #5) by Richelle Mead




Rating 3/5 stars
Publication Date: July 29, 2014

Blurb:

Sydney Sage is an Alchemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the worlds of humans and vampires. They protect vampire secrets—and human lives.

In The Fiery Heart, Sydney risked everything to follow her gut, walking a dangerous line to keep her feelings hidden from the Alchemists.

Now in the aftermath of an event that ripped their world apart, Sydney and Adrian struggle to pick up the pieces and find their way back to each other. But first, they have to survive. 

For Sydney, trapped and surrounded by adversaries, life becomes a daily struggle to hold on to her identity and the memories of those she loves. Meanwhile, Adrian clings to hope in the face of those who tell him Sydney is a lost cause, but the battle proves daunting as old demons and new temptations begin to seize hold of him. . . .

Their worst fears now a chilling reality, Sydney and Adrian face their darkest hour in this heart-pounding fifth installment in the New York Times bestselling Bloodlines series, where all bets are off.

Review:

I gave the first 8-10 chapters an 1 star rating and the rest books 5. I will explain later why the book got that rating.

I will start with what I liked in Silver Shadows. I liked and hated the 2 point of views. The reason I hated it is also the reason for the one star for the early chapters. I liked it because I could see what was happening in and out if the Re-education.

The Eddie-Jill romance is still in progress, but after the last bomb drop I think they will finally get together. We also have Trey and Angeline who will definitely work out since the Keepers aren't against the vampire-human relationship and they don't have lots of crazy people to hide from. I would love to she Rose and Dimitri getting married in Ruby circle.

I am still amazed by for far Sydney and Adrian's relationship has gone. Hours after I had finished the book I couldn't get out of my mind what they did. I don't care if they did it to protect Sydney. I know they would do it anyway, some day in the future but not now. Other couples have priority!
I hope Sydney and Adrian will be able to face whatever comes next together, but I won't hold my breath. If Sydney could be understanding than they might.

Everyone knows that Sydney will be freed and who is going to do it. The question is how. C4 sounded like a great idea and it was already tested. But unfortunately that didn't happen... Adrian needs Sydney and Sydney needs him. She also has to find a way to find what secrets the Alchemists are hiding. Alchemists are the craziest and creppiest people I had ever the pleasure to read about. Look how Keith turned out.

If I could see one book of the Bloodlines series turned into a movie I would choose this one because after the 100th time since the series started he pulled himself together and with some help managed to create a great plan to save Sydney. Because Christian, Lisa, Rose and Dimitri have more than a few scenes where they appear. It is worth mentioning that Dimitri has appeared in all the Vampire Academy and Bloodlines books so far. Because I attended another wedding and later I saw how the Alchemists work when they are after someone. If it wasn't for the first 10 chapters Silver Shadows would my second favorite book in the series. Now is the last.

I will end this review explaining what I didn't like in the chapters 1-10. I didn't like Adrian. To be accurate I hated Adrian and almost everything he did. I loved Adrian from Frostbite and I still do, but less. In this book I said the words I thought I would never say. I said " I hate you Adrian Ivashkov" I know he was hurt and he wanted to numb the pain but I hated him for it. I thought he wanted to be a better person. After reading what Sydney was going through I didn't want to see Adrian going to parties and doing the stuff he did. I am pretty sure what he did while he was in court will come back and bite him in his ass and probably will cause a fight between him and Sydney.



No comments:

Post a Comment