Sunday, April 9, 2017

Review: The Mitus touch (The Touch, #1) by Stoni Alexander



Rating: 3 out of 5 stars
Publication Date: March 14th, 2017

Blurb:

She’s desperate for the one man she must avoid at all costs…

Wealth manager Brigit Farnay despises Colton Mitus. And with good reason. He ripped away her family’s company during the most painful time in her life. Forced to work with him, she can’t deny that Colton is gorgeous, brilliant, commanding. And the enemy. Her traitorous body craves his touch every moment of every day. And then she finds out about the erotic games he plays…

Corporate raider Colton Mitus is success and power personified. He demands control in the boardroom and in the bedroom. So he shouldn’t be tempted by the newest member of the Mitus team. But he is. Brigit challenges him and frustrates him, but also quiets the demons that haunt him, especially as she agrees to be drawn into his secret, sinful world.

The most lucrative deal of Colton’s career places Brigit’s family’s company in jeopardy. When old enemies return hell-bent on ruining him, Brigit is the only person who can save him. But she’s been keeping secrets that could destroy everything…

Review:

I have been trying to avoid writing a review about this book, because I when I think about it, I have no words. I wish I could say that I was awed by the story and I cannot describe my feelings because I loved it so much, but this is not the case. The pace was uneven.  At first, the book was too slow for my taste and in the end, everything happened too fast. All the enemies remembered to show up very late in the book. Nothing serious was happening and then BOOM! one "exciting" thing happens after the other. We could have skipped the half-baked kinkiness Colton was in and spend more time reading about the people who try to ruin him. One thing that bothered me was Brigit's unwillingness to wait a certain amount of time on the phone to confirm the news she had just received. After that she had it coming. I am not the book's biggest fan as you have gathered and I am not very excited about reading the second book in the series even if the next couple seems more interesting. That normally would have led me to a 1 maybe 2 star rating, but there was something about the book, that doesn't make me want to call it a bad book and give it a lower rating. I am not sure on whether I would recommend the book or not, but since this is the debut book of the author ( no other books are listed on GR) I think you should give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment