Friday, January 4, 2013

A beautiful lie by T.E. Sivec



Rating: 5/5 stars
Publication Date: 

Blurb:

He saw her first, but his friend made the move.

She settled for the safer choice, but her heart knew the truth.

They love, they crave, they lie.

Garrett McCarthy, Annabelle Parker, and Milo Roberts were as close as friends could get. They shared in each other's joy during graduations, promotions, and engagements. They consoled one another through heartache and loss.

When one of the friend's life is tragically cut short, it's up to the two left behind to pick up the pieces and find out the truth - no matter the cost. As they slowly start to uncover the nature of his deception, and the very powerful people behind it, they begin to question everyone and everything, even themselves.

Everyone has secrets - some do it for love while others do it for power. Those secrets can change perceptions, alter reality and sometimes destroy lives.

What do you do when you find out your whole life has been a lie?


Review:

“It’s a beautiful lie.It’s the perfect denial.

Such a beautiful lie to believe in.” 


The reason I added this book on my TR list: If I want to be honest with you I will have to say this.The reason behind my anticipation over this book is the title.It immediately reminded me of the song of 30STM.And with the lyrics above the first chapter begins with.


Considering that during most of the book more and more lies unravel themselves I would say that the title fits. Annie and Garrett lie to themselves about their feelings for the other and compromise on a friendship.


“If you were mine, I would never be able to walk away from you. If you were mine, I’d worship every inch of your body with my hands, lips, and tongue. If you were mine, I wouldn’t be able to stand in the same room as you without running my hands over your skin and tasting your lips. If you were mine…” 


Annie and Garrett have been friends for eight years. When Milo Annie's fiancee and Garrett's best friend dies they have to move on and Garrett suspects that his death wasn't an accident he goes to the same mission he was to solve the puzzle about Milo's death. The moment Annie decides to be a part of that mission lies comes to surface and things between her and Garrett change.


But if you were given the chance to go back, to tell the truth instead of lie to save someone’s life and their feelings...would you?

A beautiful lie is 100% different from T.E. Sivec's previous books. There isn't any humor here but I couldn't stop reading it. It seems more .It was like reading an action movie with romance and not the other way. It was new to me and refreshing, a nice change after a while. This is a must read of 2013 if you ask me and probably most of the people who read it. You know what? Whatever I say about this book won't be enough. Yeah I will say that for 100 more books this year but this one is worth buying and you will have a great time reading it. If you don't like undercover missions and that kind of stuff don't read this.

No comments:

Post a Comment