Tuesday, April 16, 2013

If He Had Been with me by Laura Nowlin

5/5 stars
Pub. Date April 1 2013

And I know, I know, I know, I know. If he had been with me, eveything would have been different.

A warning to everyone who is going to read this book or is considering about it first. If he had been with me doesn't have a HEA. In the last 60 pages I was crying and I couldn't stop. Because I knew the end, the author made that pretty obvious and yet I was still hoping for a better end, not the one I got. The weird part of all this is that the author revealed the end of the book in the first chapter.
Many ifs were created inside the story and they didn't get their chance to show to the couple what would happen if things were different. This now might not make sense but once you read the book everything will be clearer.

“I've loved him my whole life, and somewhere along the way, that love didn't change but grew. It grew to fill the parts of me that I did not have when I was a child. It grew with every new longing of my body and desire until there was not a piece of me that did not love him. And when I look at him, there is no other feeling in me.” 

A fell in love with Finn. He was a wonderful person.I liked Autumn too.I felt bad for them. I felt sad and desperate and heart broken. They didn't even got the chance to be together. They spend so much time apart and so little time with each other and it is awful. Allow me to say that If he had been here with me is a morden version of Romeo and Juliet. Finn and Autumn are fighting against faith. Some things are not meant to happen and Nowlin though they weren't too.

Honestly I don't have to say much.There so many feelings in me now but I cannot find a way to express them.I had to stop reading the book for a while and then start again because it was painful.I could see the end coming and I could do nothing.It could have been a greater book if the end was different. If he had stayed with her in.

*Copy was provided from the publisher via NetGalley*

No comments:

Post a Comment