Saturday, June 22, 2013

Suddenly Beautiful by Boone Brux


Rating 4/5 stars
Pub. Date June 10 2013

Blurb:

Being the son of Aphrodite isn’t a walk in the clouds. Rebelling against his demi-god status, billionaire make-up mogul Toraos Stephanos fights to separate his personal life and the immortal world by swearing off demi-god girlfriends forever. Too bad his newest employee can't take the hint.
 
Though Nikki secretly pines for her smoking hot boss, no way will she jeopardize her job and independence professing her love to a guy so clearly out of her league. Too bad that leaves her with only imagining him naked and thinking evil thoughts about the new girl. After a single bottle of Ambrosia and one night of passion... Nikki finally thinks she has a chance with the man of her dreams. But the next morning, Tor pretends like nothing happened, leaving Nikki with an emerging drive for combat—after all, turns out she is the daughter of Ares and she's about to make her mama proud.
 
All is fair in love and war... and Nikki's not about to let anyone forget it.


Review:


Usually I don't read or watch fiction which is based on the Greek mythology because most of the times people change it and the result makes me to want to take my eyes out with my own hands. The good thing is that I enjoyed the book but I am not 100% sure if I liked the fact that Aphrodite and Ares are a part of the book but since the focus here is a demigod and a demigoddess I will skip it. I would like to know why a bunch of demigods and demigoddesses (who have a Greek name too)are in the same city in USA and not in Greece.

Nikki is her father's daughter. That means that she is going to fight to get what she wants and that she is a strong person. For the most part I thought that she was going to fight her battles and maybe some of someone's else too. Tor was a little confusing. He seemed weak and strong at the same time.

The book has stuck to my mind while I was out and has to stop it for a few hours. Aside for the god stuff the book is your typical romance so I guess that you will like it

No comments:

Post a Comment