Saturday, July 27, 2013

Elite (Eagle Elite #1) by Rachel Van Dyken



Rating 3/5 stars
Pub. Date April 14th 2013 

Blurb:

When I won the annual Eagle Elite College Scholarship lottery, I was thrilled. After all, my grandma had just died and I wanted to take care of my aging grandpa -- he couldn't be a farmer in Wyoming forever. And graduating from Eagle Elite meant opportunity.

But I wasn't counting on meeting Nixon.

Nor was I counting on the rules of the Elect.

1. Do not touch The Elect.
2. Do not look at The Elect.
3. Do not speak to The Elect.

And worst of all? Don't discover the secret they hide, because in the end, you may just realize... it's about you.

*This is a New Adult Book, blood, violence, cursing, sexual references, and drug use. Not recommended for those under 17.*

Review:


The 5 stars became 4 and then 3 (and later maybe more or less). Why? Because I got tired of seen triangles that shouldn't exist. Why did the author had to do that? Trying to find love it's hard already why make it harder?

Chase is a good best friend but nothing more. I want someone to point out to me when she fell in love with him. She should have friend-zoned him. It's so Bella-Jacob, that I want to puke (Team Edward here!).

I don't care what he did, I fell in love with Nixon. I thought that it would be fun to have someone to challenge you. The heroines usually fight back. This one didn't though. She cried and cried and cried and cried some more.

Trace is the weakest character I have ever seen, a little stupid and a lot the girl you don't want to be. She needs to grow a backbone or die. Anything else is not an option. After the sneak peak from the second book I can safely say that I hate her.

With all the secrecy and the mystery I thought that she was the key to start the apocalypse or something. She wasn't though :( . The truth was kind of boring ( I am not an easy girl to impress).

 I really hope that the next will be better (it's Nixon's point of view) and the last in the series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment