Tuesday, July 30, 2013

The Mistress (The Original Sinners #4) by Tiffany Reisz


Rating 5/5 stars

Pub. Date July 30th 2013


Blurb:

The final book in The Original Sinners Series - The Red Years.

There's punishment-and then there's vengeance.

Nora Sutherlin is being held, bound and naked. Under different circumstances, she would enjoy the situation immensely, but her captor isn't interested in play. Or pity.

As the reality of her impending peril unfolds, Nora becomes Scheherazade, buying each hour of her life with stories-sensual tales of Søren, Kingsley and Wesley, each of whom has tempted and tested and tortured her in his own way. This, Nora realizes, is her life: nothing so simple, so vanilla, as a mere love triangle for her. It's a knot in a silken cord, a tangled mass of longings of the body and the heart and the mind. And it may unravel at any moment.

But in Nora's world, no one is ever truly powerless-a cadre of her friends, protectors and lovers stands ready to do anything to save her, even when the only certainty seems to be sacrifice and heartbreak....

Review:


“I was going to pay every penny I had to get you back .... Every penny I could beg, borrow or steal. And he…he went to pay with his life.”

I am frustrated!!!! What an end!!! Now I am left with a burning question that was not been answered!!! Well it is hinted but I would love a confirmation. No Soren point of view (and that sucks big time)! But he speaks more than usual so I can compromise with that. I loved how obvious was Nora's choice was. I was really happy. I won't spoil it but I doubt that a real delima existed after The Prince. I think the end needed to be a little more extended because of the question!! and the fact that it felt a little abrupt for an ending and especially one of a series.

Soren is my favorite sadist in general and favorite character in the series. Grace is my second favorite and then Griffin and Michael come. Wes became pleasant towards the end, Zach is lukewarm, Kingsley is Kingsley. Nora is more complicated for me. I hated and liked her at the same time. In the end I had only positive feelings for her and that's what matters.

Another complain is the cut in half scene with Soren and someone (sorry no name to avoid spoilers). I wanted the full one. Hopefully in the prequels I will read a lot more and complete. The good news is that the story had a a guest star from a previous book (or two) and a mention of another. 

Nora is the queen, Kingsley is the king, Wes the knight, Grace the rook and Laila the pawn. In my mind Soren is the person who controls all the pawns.

No comments:

Post a Comment