Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Dare to Rock (Dare to Love #7) by Carly Phillips


Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
Publication Date: August 4, 2015

Blurb:

Avery Dare lives a quiet life in Miami as an online fashion/makeup video blogger. She has good friends, a close, large family and if her love life is lacking, she likes it that way. But when she receives an invitation to one of her ex's concerts along with an invitation to meet him back stage, she decides to take the risk… and comes face to face with the reality of his rock star lifestyle - the press, the crowds, and the half naked groupies. 

At eighteen, Grey Kingston left everything he knew and loved behind to seek fame and fortune as a rock star, and he found it as the lead guitarist and singer for the band, Tangled Royal. Fans adore him, women throw themselves at him, and he can afford everything he couldn’t growing up. Yet at the height of his career, he’s ready to walk away and return home to a simpler life… and the woman he left behind, if he can convince her to give him another chance. 

Except moving on isn’t as easy as Grey would like. When Avery is threatened by a stalker, it becomes evident Grey’s fans not only don’t want him to retire, they don’t want Avery in his life either. And Avery isn’t sure she wants the pressures that are part of Grey’s life… but she doesn’t want to lose him again, either. Can their recently renewed love survive the fallout? 


Review:


I am new to the series. Dare to rock is the first book in the Dare to Love series that I have read and it won't be the last. The truth is that I don't plan to read the six previous books because they are mostly about characters I don't know. I am reluctant about Dare to seduce the next novel because it is about a two people who I am not sure that they were mentioned in this novel. I will be reading Dare to Take though, because I liked how we were teased about Ella and Tyler's story. I wonder if there is a spin off novel about Lola's story. I would totally read that.

Dare to rock has an easy and steady pace that made my reading experience so much better. The drama was expected considering that we are talking about a rock star novel and there was a balance between the romance and the drama and that doesn't give the reader the feeling that things are over the top. By the end of the book all the plotines had come to an end (which I was worried it wouldn't happen for some reason) and I was satisfied. This novel is a good way to spend your time, but it didn't feel like a 5 star book. The rock star theme isn't very present and it's mostly about the romance, so I will be recommending the series to people who like a second chance romance rather than a book with rock stars.



No comments:

Post a Comment