Sunday, October 30, 2016

Review & Excerpt Tour: Tricked (Dark Protectors #7.75) by Rebecca Zanetti


tricked-tour-banner    

We are absolutely thrilled to bring you the Review & Excerpt Tour for TRICKED by Rebecca Zanetti, a novella in her Dark Protectors Series brought to you by 1001 Dark Nights! Grab your copy of this sexy novella today!

          
tricked-cover

 

About TRICKED:

He Might Save Her
Former police psychologist Ronni Alexander had it all before a poison attacked her heart and gave her a death sentence. Now, on her last leg, she has an opportunity to live if she mates a vampire. A real vampire. One night of sex and a good bite, and she’d live forever with no more weaknesses. Well, except for the vampire whose dominance is over the top, and who has no clue how to deal with a modern woman who can take care of herself.

She Might Kill Him
Jared Reese, who has no intention of ever mating for anything other than convenience, agrees to help out his new sister-in-law by saving her friend’s life with a quick tussle in bed. The plan seems so simple. They’d mate, and he move on with his life and take risks as a modern pirate should. Except after one night with Ronni, one moment of her sighing his name, and he wants more than a mating of convenience. Now all he has to do is convince Ronni she wants the same thing. Good thing he’s up for a good battle.

Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon AU | Amazon Canada

Download the Free Kindle App

tricked-tour-teaser-2



Review:

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

I can't find the worlds to describe my feelings for this book. For the last quarter I am staring at the screen and I have no idea what to say. As usual I began a series I wanted to read for so long from the last book. I had no idea what was going in the universe, but I liked the idea of an arranged marriage (and in this case a mating of convenience) because that equals plenty of angst. This novella though, didn't have a lot of angst and that saddened me a little. There were plenty of opportunities for mage doses of angst, but the author chose not to go there. It did have a feisty heroine though and the romance was satisfying enough for me. Besides the transition from an arranged mating to one where both parties are in love with each other, there is a little suspense.

To be honest, I didn't like the book as much as I wanted to. Don't get me wrong, the book was good, but not good enough for me. I think I had some high expectations from the book and they weren't met. I would recommend the book, but I would recommend to at least read Teased before beginning this one.

I am starting to believe that I should have at least read Teased before I read Tricked because the novellas are connected.The couple from Teased appears in this book and Jared and Ronni's story had began in their book. Theo’s book, Tangled, is coming next and his story was teased/set up in this book. And in case you are wondering, yes I have already added it to my TBR list.
   


tricked-tour-teaser-1
   

rebecca-zanetti-headshotAbout Rebecca Zanetti: New York Times and USA Today Bestseller Rebecca Zanetti is the author of over twenty-five dark paranormals, romantic suspense, and contemporary romances. She lives in the wilds of the Pacific Northwest with her own Alpha hero, two kids, a couple of dogs, a crazy cat…and a huge extended family. She believes strongly in luck, karma, and working her butt off…and she thinks one of the best things about being an author, unlike the lawyer she used to be, is that she can let the crazy out. Her current series are: The Dark Protectors, The Maverick Montana Cowboys, and the Sin Brothers series. Upcoming series are: The Realm Enforcers and The Scorpius Syndrome.

Website | Facebook | Twitter

    Father and Daughter Playing Together at the Beach at Sunset. Happy Fun Smiling Lifestyle   

No comments:

Post a Comment