Sunday, November 27, 2016

Review:Beauty and the Billionaire: The Wedding (Billionaire Boys Club #6.5) by Jessica Clare


Rating: 5 out of 5 stars
Publication date: November 15th, 2016



Blurb:

In this all-new novella in the New York Times bestselling series, Hunter and Gretchen are finally tying the knot—but their wedding may not be the easy fairy tale they’ve dreamed of...

Someone's out to ruin Gretchen's happy-ever-after on the eve before the big day. Can she trust Hunter, the man she's given her heart to? And can she rely on her sister Daphne (the least reliable person of all!) to help her salvage things? Or is this marriage going to go down in flames before Gretchen and Hunter ever get to the altar?

Includes a sneak peek of Dirty Money, first in Clare’s brand new Roughneck Billionaires series.



Review:


When I began reading the book I was just expecting to read the story of Hunter and Gretchen's wedding. But a surprising point of view popped up. Remember Daphne? Gretchen and Audrey's sister, who only caused trouble and heartache? Well, she appears in this story a lot and even finds her own happy ending. Isn't that great? Some readers wanted her story and now they get the chance to read it. She is a brand new person, or maybe I should say, the person she was because the fame and the drugs came into her life. In a short book the author managed to fit in two stories without neglecting one in favor of the other. Besides watching Daphne fall in love, trying to stay sober by not giving in to temptation and repairing her relationship with her sisters, we see the preparations for the wedding, Gretchen's struggle and Hunter's love.

I loved that Gretchen was so sure that Hunter wouldn't cheat on her. I have seen other heroines thinking the worse for their guy, but Gretchen was so sure about him. I don't see that often in the novella's that follow a full length book. Some events that happened early in the book might have pointed towards that, but she rejected the idea of Hunter cheating on her. We get to know what Hunter is planning to do for her and that made me enjoy the book even more. He loves her so much and he would do everything for her (like the other guys in the series of course). I don't think I had a favorite couple in the series before this book, but now I do. Hunter and Gretchen have become my favorite.

I hope to see more novella's in the series about the other couples. This one was bound to happen before the Billionaires and Bridesmaids series is pretty much based on this wedding. It would be a shame if the readers didn't get a chance to see it happening. I was very satisfied with the story and I would gladly read it again. This book has also gained a spot in my list with the books that are nominated for my top 10 reads for 2016. 


No comments:

Post a Comment