Friday, March 16, 2018

Review: Label Me Proud by Stephie Walls





Title: Label Me Proud
Author: Stephie Walls
Genre: Coming of Age/Contemporary Romance
Release Date: March 15, 2018



Blurb

We’ve been best friends since we were five: Beau, Masyn, and me.
But nothing’s as simple as it seems.
Relationships change and so do people.
Especially now.
With Beau getting married, and a new girl in town, it’s time to confess.
I’m in love with my best friend.
                …And I think I’m too late.


Review: 

Rating: 1 out of 5 stars

While reading a book, I usually hate the heroine, but in this case, I couldn't stand the hero. He was an immature little boy. He was also dense and an idiot. Who the heck thinks that oral doesn't count as sex? I am supposed to believe that he had feelings for Masyn all this time because he didn't insert his stick into women? Masyn knew all about him taking women to the bathroom at the place they were hanging out. And he wondered why people thought of him as a manwhore. Also, he was paying Peyton too much attention if you ask me and he didn't immediately push her away when she kissed him. He described in too many details how good she was looking in a bikini and he blew Masyn up before that event. I am still not buying that he is in love with her let alone that he had been in love with her for years. 


The story is told only from Lee's point of view and that was bad for me because Masyn could have been the voice of reason the book needed. At this point, I feel like Peyton and Lee would have had a better love story because for me Lee spent too much time with her and not with the woman he wanted. That's why I wanted her point of view. To see more of Masyn who was forgotten for half the book. Nothing major happens in their relationship until the 60% mark. After that things take a less friendly and more romantic approach. Until then the story was mostly about Beau and Peyton which was frustrating. I don't understand the 5 star reviews to be honest. Lee didn't develop at all and his point of view never really changed. Masyn deserved someone better and not the douche who claimed to want her only to leave her be with another man as he went home with another woman. Lee is one of the worst heroes for me. 





Purchase Links

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Free in Kindle Unlimited






Author Bio


Stephie Walls is a lover of words—the more poetic the better. She lives on the outskirts of Greenville, South Carolina in her own veritable zoo with two dogs, three cats, the Mister, and Magoo (in no preferential order).

She would live on coffee, books, and Charlie Hunnam if it were possible, but since it’s not, add in some Chinese food or sushi and she’s one happy girl.


Author Links




No comments:

Post a Comment